The city, Sapporo we host TEDx is the forth largest populous city in Japan of 2 million. There are lots of individuals, community and organization with various ideas and resources but unfortunately these idea seeds hasn’t turned into plants due to the minimum chances where open dialogues can be spoken and ideas can be shared.
The City has a project called the ‘ Sapporo Idea City ‘ with the theme of spreading creative works, culture and art to activate industrial development of the region but the region is still unknown to outside. Beside have so many unique ideas from wide range of field very less people are wanting to take part in government led project due to its lack of proper way of expression infrastructure and the hurdle of involving and participating.
The goal of hosting TEDx events in our region is to spread world changing ideas that are untold and bring together minded individuals in a forum to learn, inspire, to act and change. The network of TEDx events also has gives us a global network of ideas and community to work together as one and imagine better.
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 30 years ago, TED has grown to support its mission with multiple initiatives. The two annual TED Conferences invite the world’s leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes or less. Many of these talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Sal Khan and Daniel Kahneman.
The annual TED Conference takes place each spring in Vancouver, British Columbia. TED’s media initiatives include TED.com, where new TED Talks are posted daily; the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as translations from volunteers worldwide; the educational initiative TED-Ed. TED has established the annual TED Prize, where exceptional individuals with a wish to change the world get help translating their wishes into action; TEDx, which supports individuals or groups in hosting local, self- organized TED-style events around the world, and the TED Fellows program, helping world-changing innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.
Follow TED on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TEDTalks,or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TED.
About TEDx, x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSapporo, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxSapporo event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
- The organizer is the representative of TEDxSapporo. He or she holds a certified license from TED and responsible for managing TEDxSapporo and its related events.
An event license is necessary for hosting TEDx events in each time, and only the organizer has the right to apply for the event license.
- Board of Director
- Board of director communicates with the organizer and advises him or her to manage TEDxSapporo.
- Core Staff
- Core staffs are engaged in the management of TEDxSapporo throughout the year. They are involved in the entire TEDxSapporo activities by planning and managing the events including the main conference, making an annual schedule, participating in the meetings, and leading the technical teams.
- Support Staff
- Support staffs play the various roles assisting the TEDx event. They make the best use of their strengths and actively involved in the technical teams. TEDxSapporo community recruits volunteers few months before the conference.
- Volunteers are involved in assisting the operation of the conference and other events. They start participating in the orientation session and preparation of the event from the day before. Some staffs play reliable roles in the events by joining us every year.
- Speaker Team
- Speaker team assists the speakers focusing on the creation of their talks by conducting speech curation, slide checks, and attending the speakers on the day of the event. They advise the speakers with TED speech technics and helping them creating easy-to-understand presentation for the viewers.
- Partner Team
- Partner team acts as a bridge between TEDxSapporo and partners supporting the operation of TEDxSapporo. We are engaged with the partners by providing our activity reports, consulting the contents of the sponsorship, and utilizing our communicative skill. We also seek new partners who understand our policies and support us.
- Design Team
- Design team fills their roles on various design challenges such as production of the venue for the conference, designing activities, graphic panels, event flyers, and brochures. They bring excitement to the event with their creativities and sparking ideas.
- Promotion Team
- Promotion team is engaged in publicity activities, promoting TEDxSapporo to be known to the general public. The members of the team liven up TEDxSapporo by planning and operating the TEDx events besides the conference and giving ideas for attracting the audience. They also handle postings on SNS and the official website.
- Translator Team
- Our language translators are called TEDxTranslators. The translator team plays a vital role in spreading valuable ideas to the world. They transcribe and translate the speeches and create Japanese and English subtitles for the video which are shared with people all over the world. They are also engaged in simultaneous interpretation, assisting foreign guests at the events, and translating the posts on SNS and the official website.
- Production Team
- Production team involves in live filming and editing to produce the talk videos. They pay special attention to the camera angle, camerawork, and lighting to capture the exciting moments. The speech videos are created with sophisticated and professional techniques to bring excellent quality to not only Sapporo but also to the world.